Occupation: Owner of Evolve Duluth Fitness Studio, Duluth, MN. Personal training & group fitness instructor.
Certifications: ACE personal trainer certified, NETA group fitness certified. Studied exercise science at U of M Duluth.
Jessica has been an athlete all of her life. She started competitive swimming in 5th grade through 9th, figure skated and did ballet all throughout her childhood up to age 10. She than played basketball and when I didn’t make the A squad she decided to play hockey and she made the varsity team her first year. Througout high school, she also played tennis, softball, and hockey year-round. In college, she played a semester of softball for UMD, ran track for 1.5 years for UMD, and played Club hockey all 4 years. During her junior year she helped coach the UMD Tri Team, where she found a true talent: She started racing and performed very well. This past summer she qualified for Team USA and will be traveling to Beijing, China September 2011 for the World Championship. She won overall female of the Whistlestop half marathon this past year, 26th overall female of Grandma’s Half Marathon, and has placed in the top 10% of every race she competes in.
This past year, Jessica has competed in the following races:
- Brainerd Jaycee Run for the Lakes overall female two years in a row, 1st in age group holding course record for females. (can’t find results online to get all the info)
- 10′ Get Your Rear in Gear 5K in Edina, MN, 1st overall female, 12 overall athlete, and 1st in age group.
- Nautica South Beach Triathlon, Miami, FL: 2nd in age group, 66th overall
- Grandma’s Marathon 165 out of 5852 ,26 out of 3323 Females, 22 out of 1889 Females in the F1934 Age Group
- Midnight Sun Run, Duluth, MN 3rd overall female, 2nd in age group, 29th overall athlete
- Timberman Triathlon, Grand Rapids, MN: 2nd in age group, 8th overall female, 43 overall athlete
- Brewhouse Triathlon, Duluth, MN: 2nd in age group, 9th overall female, 48th overall athlete
- Park Point 5mi Duluth, MN: 2nd in age group, 4th overall female, 41 overall athlete
- Big Creek Tri Polk City, IA: 2nd in age group, 12th overall female, 84th overall athlete
- USTA Age Group Championship: 15th in age group, 43 overall female, 319th overall athlete
- Whistlestop 1/2 marathon Overall female, 14th overall athlete
Motto: You can make anything happen, don’t ever put limitations on yourself.